Thank you :) I painted the inside of the pastry bag with food coloring stripes before putting in the batter
You’ll thank me later. Even if you don’t like anime..haha
aww thank you <3 I love studio ghibli too! haha yeah i can try to make some more videos, I’ve improved a lot since my last one :O but I appreciate it, thanks :D
see post below for recipe :D
Hi :D I’m not sure how advanced you are with baking skills, so I’ll just post the easiest recipe.
Cookies & Creme Macarons
2/3 cup almond flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 egg whites
5 tbsp granulated sugar
4 oreo cookies (cookie part only)
1. Preheat oven to 280-300 degrees F.
2. Process almond flour, powdered sugar, and oreo cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
3. Sift into a bowl and set aside.
4. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer in a stainless steel bowl until frothy, then add 5 tbsp granulated sugar and keep beating until you get stiff peaks. (this is when it holds a peak and you can hold the bowl over your head without any falling out) Be careful not to overbeat!
5. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula or bowl scraper. This is a crucial step. You must deflate most of the air out of the macaron batter. Fold the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using a specific motion: fold, press, turn. Fold the batter from the bottom of the bowl, press down the batter in a “scratching” motion, and then turn the bowl around to get better leverage. Repeat until you get a magma-like consistency. (Will drop off the spatula slowly and incorporate back into the batter after 30 seconds)
6. Put the macaronage (batter) in a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip and pipe out 1-1.5 inch diameter circles on pans lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
7. Crucial step: Let macarons dry for 15-30 minutes until tops aren’t sticky and are dull.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are firm.
9. Let them cool before taking them off the paper.
(If you want to make totoro shaped ones, use a very small piping tip to draw your totoro shapes. For decorating, I used white cookie icing from the grocery store and I used food coloring pens to draw on them :))
Cookies and Creme Swiss Meringue Buttercream
4-6 oreo cookies, with filling
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1. Put oreo cookies in a food processor until finely crushed.
2. Prepare a water bath (a pot of almost-boiling water and a bowl on top). Put the egg whites and sugar in the bowl and whisk constantly while on medium heat.
3. Feel the egg whites with your fingers to see if the sugar has dissolved. When it does, take it off heat.
4. Beat egg whites until white and thick with an electric mixer.
5. If your butter is not already room temperature, microwave it for 8 seconds. Add in the butter to the bowl, and keep beating until smooth. (It may look curdled at first, but keep beating!)
6. Add in the crushed cookies and beat until smooth. :)
Sandwich two macarons together with a good amount of buttercream and enjoy :D
Like someone taking a picture of their feet? What the actual fuck.